Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Why do people want to have children?

When I shared my puzzlement about this with my therapist she took it as evidence that I was still inclined to think too much about things. She said with impatient tone that people always had wanted to have children, without even thinking about it. In effect - Go with the flow. Not advice that an intellectual protestant like me finds easy to accept.

But why DO people want to have children?

And why are so many of my otherwise thoughtful friends using their Facebook page chiefly as a birth announcement gazette, with pictures?

As a wise person once wrote: People have been marrying and bringing up children for centuries now. Nothing has ever come of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When the person feels he will have a good future, have money, home, etc - they feel it's nice to own something special to themselves that they can enjoy - children! Otherwise, what can they do with all the money they have?